The E-2 Visa Route
Under the E-2 visa the opportunity exists to move to the USA on the basis that you are investing a substantial sum into your own business or franchise.
This visa category enables you to remain in the US as long as your enterprise is in operation. After your maximum initial stay of 2 years, you must apply to extend your status in increments of up to two years, with no fixed extension limit.
The business should have present or future capacity to produce more than enough income to support an E2 visa holder and their immediate family and contribute to the US economy.
The E-2 visa confers no rights for permanent residency, and when the business is concluded the visa holder must return to their own country.
A spouse and children under 21 are eligible to join an E-2 investor in the USA.
- An applicant must be a national of a country with which the United States maintains a treaty of commerce and navigation
- E-2 visa applications require a detailed and exhaustive business plan .
- A successful visa applicant must be acting under a supervisory or executive capacity whilst undertaking their business in the USA
- An applicant must have invested, or be in the process of investing a significant amount of capital into an existent and operating US enterprise, and be entering the US based on these terms.
Length of Stay
The E-2 visa is valid for an initial 2 years. After this period, the activities of the business will be reviewed and if the conditions of the visa are being continually met, status can be extended in additional two-year stages.
An alternative consideration for investors who don’t want to build a new business from the ground up, is investing in a pre-existing franchise that gives you the necessary training, support and branding that can often take years to obtain.
We provide a full matchmaking service for individuals who wish to own and operate their own franchise that includes:
- Briefing meeting to understand your full requirements and aspirations
- Liaison with our partners in the USA to identify potential brands in the preferred geography for you
- Management of an on-going discovery process to confirm mutual suitability for all parties
- A ‘Discovery Day’ visit to the franchisor’s HQ in the USA.
- Facilitation of all non-visa related aspects of the your investment.
How We Can Help You
Arriving in a new business environment can be stressful, regardless of your expertise and background. There are unfamiliar rules and regulations to comply with, choices to make in terms of office location, hiring staff, finding suppliers and pleasing customers. You do not want to be burdened by tasks that add no value to your business.
Our experts can help you to get started so that you can concentrate on your real business issues.
We can provide incorporation services across all US states for a complete answer to your US business’ needs:
Visa application management – we can manage your entire E-2 visa application from start to finish.
Company formation – incorporating an existing company, providing you with a shelf company or registering your new business as well as providing a registered office address.
Virtual offices and serviced offices –you may need physical office space for your company, or you may need a virtual or serviced office for off-site communication with a remote receptionist and other services to project your business’ professionalism.
Opening corporate bank accounts –we can arrange your bank account without having to visit the US.
Social Security – we can arrange all of your formal registrations in the US.
Accountancy services – a full range of accounting services can be provided.
Tax planning – helping you to minimise your exposure to US tax liability.
Where Can I Incorporate?
The quick answer is, anywhere. We can help you to set up your business in any of the 50 US states. To find out more about the most popular formation packages we offer, enquire today.
Please fill out your details in the contact form below
If you are considering opening a business in the US and moving there to run it, we can help you assess your options and assist you by making sure that your initiation into the US business market is smooth, efficient and successful.